About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aug 15--Another nice day

You think it gets cold here
1910 Steam Locomotive
Yep, its a quilt shop
Another cool morning when I got up. We have been around 50 every morning for the last several days. It usually gets up to around 72 and today was no exception. After breakfast we headed out to go to  the grocery store and  ride the country for a little while. We ended up in Tower,Mn population 543. Of course Susan found a quilt shop to go to. While she was there I went to a small railroad museum there. It was a nice exhibit of a 1910 steam locomotive with a dining car, passenger car and a caboose. It took me about 45 minutes to go thru it and headed back to get Susan. Surprise, she said she needed about 20 more minutes so I just walked the little town. That only took about 15 minutes so I just sat on the front porch of the shop. There was a nice breeze blowing . When we left there we headed back to the trailer. After a little lunch I went to the grocery store for a few vegetables. I wanted to go kayaking but the wind was blowing pretty good so I just read .  I did take Maggie for her usual walks and then Susan and I rode bikes for about 30 minutes. A cold front was trying to push thru and I cooked an early supper cause the rain was threatening. Sure enough about 6:30 it started and was still raining when we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive