About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Auust 17--Hoyt Lakes


Fill line water leak
Our Campsite
We had no plans to go anywhere today therefore I thought that I should repair a leak I have in my fresh water fill line. It turned out not to be an easy fix. Just getting to where the leak is was time consuming. After taking two bottom panels off I could see the problem. It has a couple holes where the hose comes over the frame, it has rubbed against the construction above it, also it is a very tight fit . I am not going to be able to replace this line without taking the whole bottom of the trailer apart. I think what I’m going to do is insert a smaller hose into the fill line past the bad spot and see if that will work for me. Hope so because it only leaks while filling. I will pick up the parts when we go back to Virginia for Susan’s final dentist appointment.  I also cleaned up the kayak and put some new mooring ropes on it. While I have been working on my projects Susan has been sewing. Before lunch we took about a 30 minute bike ride. It felt good as long as you were in the sun but was chilly riding in the shady areas. We just relaxed after we got back. About six we headed into town to the only restaurant for supper.   As we have seen in Michigan, Wisconsin and here in Minnesota Friday night is fish fry night everywhere. This place was no exception and the little place was hopping. It turned out to be pretty good also. When we got back we sat by the campfire for a while and then headed in.
riding bikes in the park
relaxing by rhe campfire
Sea Eagle kayak 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive