About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Aug 23 Hoyt lakes


We haven’t done much the last two days. It has warmed up a little and the temperature actually hit about 80.  We had to go to Virginia, MN as Susan got her root canal finished. We are glad to get that done and over with. If we had been home it might have been a good evening to kayak. You can tell I’m not from up north. When the temperature is in the 60”s and the wind is blowing I don’t find it much fun to get wet. There has been rain all around us but so far we have not had any. Susan has homesick fever so we decided that we would leave Saturday and start our trek back to Texas. Our next destination is Rolla, Mo. Susan has a cousin there she wants to visit. I guess Friday I will start packing up camp so we can leave early Saturday morning.  I am sure going to miss the cool weather. I hope that we don"t end up in the remannts of a hurricane. I see on the news that La may be the target of Issac.  We may have to adjust our route if it does.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Uncle Mike - I've been enjoying reading your posts chronicalling your adventures! We just returned from three nights of camping near Mammoth Lakes and I kept thinking of you guys exploring. We enjoyed some nice hikes, swims, and general strolls. We saw: Lake George (where we camped), Chrystal Lake, June Lake, Silver Lake, Mono Lake, and Convict Lake. We also checked out the Portal to Mount Whitney in our way home.

    Happy Travels!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive