About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

July 30 -Aug 1 Travel to Two Harbors, Minnasota

We had a little rain last night but it was over by the time I got up. Everything was going well as I was hooking up the trailer until I was putting my Jumpstar/air compressor back into trailer compartment. It doesn't weigh much but the angle got me. I felt my back give and I thought Uh OH that's not gonna be good. That was about the last thing that needed done. We headed down the road, our trip was only going to be about 2 !/2 hours of driving time. We stopped in Superior,Wi to eat breakfast and I could barely get out of the truck  I managed to make it inside moving as if I was about 100 years old. I told Susan it was going to be interesting when we got to Two Harbors. She was going to get to set up the trailer.I started on a muscle relaxer hoping to help. When we got there I crept around instructing Susan to set up. She did a good job. When we were finished I layed down and took a nap. Woke up feeling worse. This may not be a good week for me. I started a predisone pac that my spine Dr had given me for just such an occasion.  This is the first time in a way over a year that i hurt my back. Hope it gets better quick. I'm going to take it easy this week as next Sunday we move up to the Boundary Waters to do some kayaking.
   Got up on the 31 moving pretty slow. I started using my TINS unit last night and it has helped. I just layed around most of the day. Not able to sit in my chair comfortably so I stay mostly on couch. At least the Olympics are on TV.Later in the day we went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Was felling a little better by bedtime.
trailer set up and susan resting
susan can always find a quilt shope
land od 10,000 lakes
   On the 1st I was feeling  much better.We decided to do a road trip to Ely and back. We stopped in Beaver Bay as Susan went to a quilt shop. I eased around to a gun shop and talked to the owners for awhile. Actually found a Ruger 308 that I'm interested in. If it had been a lever action I probably would have bought it. We headed on to Ely taking a scenic route. The country was beautiful and mountainous with ,lots of little lakes. It took longer to get there than we planned due to about a 35 mile detour , 12 miles of it unpaved. Ely is a neat little town and the surrounding area very pretty.We decided that we would move up here when we leave Hungry Jack Lodge. Susan made a dentist appointment here, she has a filling that's bothering her. We looked around the area at campgrounds and then head home a different way. I didn't take my camera so I did't take many pic with my phone.. My back did pretty good so I'm hopeful to be back to normal by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive