About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aug 24, 25 Time to turn South

Acorn Valley Campground, Iowa
Friday was laundry day as we start our trek back home tomorrow. We have a pile of stuff to wash. We ran to Aurora where they have a Laundromat. Susan had asked a young girl working at the  store in Hoyt Lakes where the nearest washateria was and she didn’t know what a washateria was. We got all our laundry done and then got the trailer ready to roll. I had regressed on my back yesterday when I put up our inflatable kayak. It’s not heavy but just awkward putting in the compartment. Sometimes old age is just not fun. We have had a lot of fun on this trip but the last three weeks my back and Susan’s root canal has kept us from doing some things we wanted to do and see.  Oh well it could be worse and we think we will come back to Minnesota again. The northern part of Minnesota is one of my favorite places. I love all the small towns and the slower pace of life here. I don’t think I would like the winters though as it’s just too cold for me.  Saturday we got up early and hit the road. We hit rain just below the twin cities and it rained the rest of the day. We stopped at a Cabala’s and did some looking around. We ate lunch there and then headed on.  We stopped for the night just north of Des Moines, Iowa around 4:00 pm.  Our Navigation on our phones took us on an interesting route to the Corp of Engineering Park on Saylor Lake. It was still raining and I didn’t   even unhook the truck. We are leaving again in the morning headed to Rolla, Missouri.  One thing we saw today was miles and miles of corn. You could really tell the extent of the drought here as 90% of the corn we saw was dried up. All the rain today was too late for this corn crop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive