About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Jan 11, 2014 A Beautiful Day

This was the kind of January weather I have been looking for. The low was about 44 and the high was 75 with clear blue skies and sunshine. On our second walk this morning Maggie and I met two neighbors, one from Canada and the other from Michigan.  They both have been coming to Texas for the winter for several years. I took Susan into the town square so she could shop till she dropped and I came back to the park. This park was built in 1933 and most of the buildings were constructed by the CCC.  They have some wonderful live oak trees in this park with lots of birds and squirrels . Its a quiet park in the winter but probably hopping in the summer time being right on the river. I headed back to the town square as I was going to tour their courthouse.  Susan called me on the phone and she was almost back to the park. I went and picked her up and we went back to El Puerta for lunch. I really like the food in this place. We made a drive in the countryside along the river and headed back to the park. We just chilled there the rest of the day.  The cedar pollen is a record high today and Susan is beginning to get cedar fever again. This is the first trip it has ever affected her but lots of people around here are getting tore up by their allergies .  I am so glad it doesn't bother me.
Low Water Dam

Maggie is working on her tan
Low water crossing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive