About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Jan 3 2014 Travel day to Canyon Lake

Brrr, it was cold when I got up this morning, 19 degrees. Still had water in the trailer but we were running on our tank. Glad I disconnected and drained my hookup hose as later that morning I saw several people with hair dryers trying to thaw out there water hoses. It turned out to be a beautiful day with all sunshine. We loaded up and moved to Potters Creek COE at Canyon Lake. It took us all of about an hour and a half.  The northwest part of the park is closed till the 14. That's where we normally stay so we are in the first come first serve part. We have a nice sunny spot with a nice lake view out of our bay window. That's a good thing cause the wind is blowing. There will not be any campfires unless the wind lays.  We met some of our neighbors while hooking up, one couple knew us because they were friends with Bill & Earlene Logan whom we had met last summer in Arkansas. Bill & Earline were here earlier but had to go back home to Kansas to deal with some health issues. We had hoped to see them here. After getting set up I started working on some of my tech problems. I was on the phone with both Dish and Winegard for a couple of hours. I believe now that something is wrong with my Winegard portable Carryout dish. It is locking on to the wrong satellite. it will scan all the satellite's and I see good signal  but then locks on to the wrong one. I will spend more time with Winegards tech support tomorrow.  The other problem I have is the reason there haven't been any pictures on my blog. Any picture I try to download from my email downloads as a htm file on my computer. When I try to open it I get my yahoo email page back. I have no clue how this has happened. I have downloaded the same way for the last two years.I will have to use my camera cut I don't always have it on me. While I think I will get my dish going I am afraid that my computer issue will have to wait until I find someone who knows what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive