About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 12,2014 Lazy Day

It was another nice morning. Maggie and I took a long walk along the river this morning. I have seen people fishing but I have seen no fish. The water is clear and I thought I might see some trout along the rocks in the shallows but the only thing I saw were ducks.  When we got back Susan and I headed to do our laundry. After getting that done we grabbed a bite to eat and took a drove thru the country. We drove some pretty back roads, went thru Luckenbach and then to Fredricksburg  and back home. There must be 15 winery's in this area now but we didn't stop at any of them. The rest of the evening we just watched a movie and I grilled steak/sausage for supper.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Uncle Mike-
    A food book I have recommends the Blanco Bowling Club Cafe in Blanco. (310 Fourth Street). It sounds like it is both a bowling alley and a lunchtime cafe, but the big draw is the pies.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny you should mention that, we went there yesterday for breakfast and I just read your comment. It is a neat little café, lots of locals eat there. It is also a real bowling Alley. Its 9 pin and they have people who reset the pins by hand.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive