About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Jan 6 2014 A Cold Dreary Day

It was cold when I  woke up this morning. The temperature was 21 and the wind was blowing. The sky stayed overcast almost all day.  We didn't do much but finally took a drive around the hill country. We went to Blanco and checked out the state park there. We are going to move there on Friday. On Monday all the shops are closed down in the small towns. We headed back to the trailer. Susan did some rearranging in the cabinets and I read. Late in the afternoon the wind slowed down a little and Maggie and I took a walk. There were several people out walking the dogs. One our neighbors have a Great Dane, good thing they have a large motorhome. For supper we tried out a microwave pressure cooker. I made a beef stew with potato's,carrots,and mushrooms. I was a little leary but 30 minutes of cooking and 12 minutes of standing and it was done. It turned out great. It makes enough for 2-3 people.  This will be a good alternative on nights when I cant cook outside. We are going to hunker down again tonight as it supposed to be in the teens.
That is Willie--Looks excited to be out on such a cold day
No one was out this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive