About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Jan 5, 2014 Here comes the Wind

I woke up this morning when the artic blast arrived. The wind shifted from the south to the North, It was blowing 20-25 mph steady. It stayed that way all day. The temperature wasn't really that cold but the wind just cut thru you. We didn't do much today outside. We did take a drive down River Road, Its pretty with all the leaves gone and the water was sparkling in the sunshine. Of course I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures. We drove thru Gruene and it was packed with people. Just didn't see any reason to stop and mix with the crowd. One of my favorite local artists  will be playing there tomorrow evening so I may come back.  We went back to the trailer and just read or watched tv the rest of the night. I disconnected my water hose and drained it because its supposed to get down to 23 tonight. We also put the bedroom slide in because the wind was blowing the toppers so bad you couldn't sleep. That's the first time I have ever done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive