About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jan 7,2014 A really Cold Start--Driftwood Winery

It was 15 degrees when I got up this morning. The only good thing was the wind was not blowing. We did have clear skies and the sunrise was very pretty. It warmed up enough about 9 am so Maggie and I took a very nice walk. One of my neighbors was walking his dog and he had on just a light sweater. He told me " Yaa, Its nippy here but its -22 back home with lots of snow."   I guess this does feel good to him.  When I got back Susan and I loaded up and went to Camping World and Cabala's. I had to order a new hot water heater door panel for my trailer and then at Cabala's we bought some new lounge chairs and some hiking shoes. It clouded up and the wind started blowing again. After a brief stop at Wally World we drove the backroads and ended up in Driftwood. There is a winery there and we did a wine tasting.Its a really pretty place on top of a small mountain. It was a nice drive back to the trailer. Because of the wind I once again tried our microwave pressure cooker. This time I made chicken and wild rice. It turned out great, I am impressed with this little cooker. The weather is supposed to get warmer now and we are sure glad. Hope to be able to get outside tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive