About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

6/12/2016 Travel Day to Lake Isabel


 

We were in no hurry this morning.  I had my morning coffee outside looking at the mountains. When Susan and Sammi got up they started picking up the trailer up getting ready to move. I cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast. Sammi and Susan went and said their goodbyes  I finished hooking up and we were on our way.  We got to Lake Isabel about 11. It was a pretty good pull up the mountain. We went from 6,000 ft to 8700 ft.  It was 2nd gear and 45 mph all the way.  Checkout time was noon and we parked in a day use area above the lake. Sammi and I walked down to the lake and let her check out the water.  We got in our camping spot around 12:15.  This campground is about 25 miles south of Pueblo and then 18 miles west of I-25. The nearest little town is Rye, Co.  When we left the interstate the temp was 83. When we got here the temp was 71. We sat outside all evening enjoying the wooded view and all the birds. We got a couple of rain showers . I built a fire and it was a nice evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive