About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 6 2016 A Hiking Day

By 6 am everyone was up, Not sure why Susan and Sammi cant sleep late. It was about 50 degrees when I got up . It warmed up some as the sun came on up. I sat outside and drank my coffee and then cooked breakfast again. Susan packed us a lunch and we headed up the mountains for a hike. We stopped at Blue Lake first and hiked around it. Sammi got to play in the snow. Next we went to Bear Lake and hiked around it. The elevation was about 10,400 ft. We would have to take a rest every so often. When we got back to the truck we drove down the mountain some and had a picnic by a nice stream. I was wore out when we got back to the trailer. Later after resting, Sammi and I went to the store here in La Veta and got ice cream.  I wanted to sit outsidethe rest of the evening but we got a little rain and hail so we were stuck inside. The temperature dropped in the low 50"s when the rain came. The only drawback to this little campground is that its in the city limits and  we cannot have an outside fire pit. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive