About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 17- 20 Mike Z arrives, Bishops Palace, We are Alone Again


Friday morning was a really cool morning. I love the 40 degree mornings. We didn’t do a lot today but hang around camp. Mike Zeller arrived in Colorado Springs about 4. We ran down to Colorado City and talked to him making sure he was on the road and knew how to find us. He made it about 6:00 pm.  Sammi was really happy to see her Daddy. We cooked hamburgers for supper. We built a nice fire and stayed up very late for me.

Saturday morning it was about 52 degrees. I had my coffee pot set up outside so I could slip past Mike and Sammi. It was cool so I built a nice fire and just relaxed. The rest of them got up about 8.  I scrambeled eggs and bacon for breakfast. Later we drove to Bishops Castle .  Mr. Bishop has been building his castle for 45 years. It s free to tour  and Sammi really loved the place.  After we left there we went to Pine Lodge and had lunch. Back at the trailer, Mike and Sammi went to the lake and we just chilled around the trailer. I cooked a pot of chili for supper. We had a nice evening fire and went to bed a lot earlier.

Sunday morning was a warm morning around 62 degrees. We all went to the Pine Lodge for breakfast. When we got back Mike and Sammi packed up and cleaned up. They left at noon to fly back home. We are sure going to miss having Sammi around. Later we drove to Pueblo as I wanted to get a propane fire pit. We had looked at a neighbors and they said they got theirs at Lowes. After going to the second Lowes they had a display model they would sell me. I got 20% of the sale price so I was happy.  The heat wave had arrived and it was 101 in Pueblo. When we got back to the trailer it was 81. What a difference elevation makes. It was another nice evening and cooled off fast as the sun went down. We tried out our new fire pit and we loved it. It heated up quickly and had a nice flame with no smoke. You could sit anywhere and enjoy. We had some neighbors Hector and Martha who came over and sat with us for the evening. They really liked the pit and will probably get them one.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive