About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

June 13 2016 Day 1 Lake Isabel


June 13, 2016

I tried to sleep late but was up by 5:15 am. It was cold in the trailer as I didn’t leave any heat on. The outside temperature was 46. It was a beautiful morning. When Susan and Sammi got up  the sun had warmed up some and I built a fire outside. We decided to run into Pueblo to get a few things and Susan needed her glasses adjusted, the frames had  somehow bent. When we got back we ate lunch at a little resterant near our campground. They have great green chili cheeseburgers. I asked several folks where I could find firewood to buy in bulk. I want ½ a truck load. One lady gave me a number for her husband in Colorado City which is down the mountain about 18 miles. Since we have no cell service we drove down the mountain. Never got an answer on the phone so we headed back to camp. Susan took a nap and Sammi watched a movie. Later Susan set up her featherweight and her and Sammi sewed.  Maggi and I walked the park. We talked to a few folks and got some places to get firewood. A cord of firewood up here goes for $250.00.  A bundle of firewood is $6.00 in camp. It would cost us more in wood per day than our campsite cost if we bought in bundles. I have been thinking about getting an propane fire pit and trying that.  We had an evening fire and sat out enjoying. Susan had bought two hummingbird feeders and I put them up. It didn’t take long before they found it. Tomorrow my goal is to find some firewood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive