About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

June 22, 2016 Twin Lakes and a Rainy Day


It was another nice morning. I got up about 6 and turned the generator on to make coffee and watched a little news and weather. After that Maggie and I took a short hike to Chalk Lake. It’s a pretty small mountain lake. When we got back we sat by the fire till Susan got up and joined us. I cooked a little breakfast using my new grating over the fire pit. We decided to drive up to Twin Lakes and look around. It’s a pretty drive up there and the lakes are gorgeous. We looked at a couple of campgrounds that we might stay at in the future.  When we got back to Buena Vista we ate a late lunch. I also filled two propane bottle up and we headed back to camp. It started raining on the way and the temperature dropped from 77 to 55 degrees. I took a nap and Susan sewed. It rained and misted all evening. We did sit under the canopy and had our little fire pit going. Went back inside about 8 and watched tv. It’s a tough life.
Chalk Lake


Twin Lakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive