About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 11---Loons Point

wooden kayak
wooden sailboat
workshop building boats
outboards from over the years 
Crane family
It was 48 this morning when I got up. With a wind blowing I decided to drink my cofee in the trailer. The truck didnt leave the campground today. Susan rested and sewed all day. I rode my bike to town and went to a great museum. It was full of the history of Cedarville and the surrounding area. They had handmade wooden boats on display. My favorite was a kayak which they are auctioning off with a raffle in Sept. Sure would like to win. They still make handmade wooden boats here . I may just have to go back again before we leave Cedarville. I didnt ride as far as I thought I would because the hills were beating me down. I"m for sure a flat land bike rider. We spent the rest of the evening outside enjoying the weather and the view. Our family of cranes came walking by, they usually come thru twice a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive