About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

July 6-Pentwater


Pentwater
Lake Michigan-Ludington State Park
I slept till a little after six today. That’s late for me. I guess staying up later helps me sleep a little later. It gets daylight here about 5:15 and its still pretty light at 10:pm.  After breakfast Susan and Pam went to some quilt shops around the area. Greg and I went to Ludington to buy him some shoes and then we went to the grocery store. After returning to the trailer we ate some lunch and then headed out looking around the area. We ended up at Silver Lake  which is an area that has a state park with huge sand dunes. It was something we were not expecting to see. Forgot to take a camera, oops.  We headed back to the trailer to meet the girls. We then headed to Pentwater and walked the stores. Greg and I found a wine shop. I was surprised that Michigan had so many wineries. Ended up buying six bottles of wine. We met the girls back at a ice cream shop, relaxed a little then headed home.  We all changed into our swim suits and headed to the beach at Ludington State Park.The beach there is very pretty. The water is crystal clear and shallow pretty far out. Even though the temperature was 88, Lake Michigan was pretty cold. It was refreshing. I bet if we were encountering normal temperatures here it would have been hard to get into the water for us. About 6:30 we headed home . Tomorrow will be a travel day as we head to the Upper Peninsula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive