About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, July 27, 2012

July 26--Last day at Duck Point

Tomahwak War Memorial
Watching alll the action
Ashley
Mackenna
Zoe (first time to get up on skis
Sammi & Lily playing on beach
Well today was laundry day as we head out tomorrow. Susan and I left about 7:00 am. I helped her load all the washers and then I headed to get my oil changed. When I got back I walked over to the war memorial across the street. One thing I have noticed about the small towns up here is that they show respect and thanks to our veterans and the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our country.Small town America is still present though shrinking.  We finished laundry and then headed to the grocery store to restock. Our next camping destination is a little more remote and not close to any big stores.We got back to camp around 11. Our son-in-law had rented a jet ski for the day and was pulling kids on skis. A couple of the little ones got up on skis for the first time. They all had fun today. I didn't get on skis but I did manage to get some kayaking in.  After that I started loading  the truck and trailer so I wouldn't have so much to do in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive