About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13 last day at Loons Point

Laundry day
St Ignace Harbor
St Ignace harbor lighthouse
sewing
Today was laundry day. We had to drive to St. Ignace for a laundremat. While Susan did the laundry I waiked to the harbor and looked around. It was a nice morning and the water so blue. When I got back Susan was just finishing up.   We then went to a little cafe and had breakfast. It was opened in the 1940"s and still going strong. After that we walked thru town where i found a little winery store.I found some craneberry wine but couldn"t taste it. Michigan has some funny laws regarding wine tasting. you have to get permits for wine tasting if you don"t grow your own grapes. I ended up buying 2 bottles of craneberry wine to try out. We then drove a couple of backroads back to Cedarville. There was a shop in cedarville that offered wine tasting. They didn"t have any craneberry but they did have cherry wine.  It was good as were a couple of others I liked. Left there with 15 bottles. We went back to the trailer and just chiiled  the rest of the evening.Susan did a little sewing and I just did some reading. Will have to get up and load in the morning. Not sure if we will have cell service near Paradise,Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive