About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Travel day to Indiana

We got up early to pack up the trailer. Got everything loaded and  on the road by 8 am. It was a nice drive till we hit Louisville Kentucky. There was  major construction  and took us awhile to get around it. When we go to Newcastle Indiana I dropped Susan off at a laundromat to start on all our towels and clothes. I then headed to Summit Lake State Park to set up. My gps took me around the world to get to the park.. When I got there it was trying to storm and the wind was blowing. I got the trailer backed in and plugged in the electricity. The parks breaker tripped . Could not get it to stay set. Decided to go ahead and go get Susan then come back and troubleshoot. By the time I picked her up she had washed and dried five loads of mostly towels and a few clothes.

Summit Lake
When I got back I hooked up cords and tried my neighbors box. Still tripping the the breaker.  Okay I did flood the trailer yesterday but had encountered no electrical problems. I thought about this awhile and then took all my breakers out and checked the bus bar. Everything looked good and dry in the box and the inverter. Put it all back together and then decided to hook it up to my generator. I did and everything worked.  Great, now I went to the office and told them I needed a new breaker on my box. They said they would send some one down. The Ranger showed up. I quickly saw he had no clue .about this situation. He had brought an adapter which I didn't need. To make a long story short it would be 8 in the morning before a electrician could get there. They did offer to move me but I elected to stay where I was. I used my generator to cool the trailer down. Turned it off and then ran extension cords from 20 amp  breaker   from my neighbors breaker. Worked fine for us that night. We decided the next morning when we got up to go ahead and leave for Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive