About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 10,2015 Longview--Taylor First Cousins

I got up this morning and headed to Livingston. I was supposed to be there at 8:00.  I left early but John and Judy beat me to Ricky's house. We loaded up and headed to Longview. Road conditions were good and we made it in about 2 hrs and 20 minutes. Didn't take my Garmin as Susan usually operates it so I used my phone for navigation. It got us there but I missed looking at a big screen.Kimberley had what she called a red barn where we were meeting. Actually not a barn but had living quarters on the 2nd floor and the first floor she used for meetings or events.It was a nice place to meet. In attendance were John and Judy, Ricky, Jimmy, Ken ,Kimberley and myself. We are all first cousins. My uncle Farol was there and  Aunt Barbara and her husband Joe. Kimberley's husband Jamie also was there. We had a good time visiting as we hadn't been at one place all together in years.Jamie brought us fried chicken and sides for lunch and we pigged out.The day went fast and soon we had to head home. It rained and drizzled all the way. Such a nasty drive, I dropped everyone off and Ricky's and made it home about 7:45pm. Two days in a row I missed my  nap.That trend needs to stop.I have two days to finish packing as we hope to leave for Florida on Tuesday.
Ricky,Ken,Judy,John,Mike,Kimberly,Jimmy Farol
Kimberley,Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive