About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 21 2015 Dispersed Camping, Pole Mountain Area

There were a few sprinkles when I got up this morning. Luckily I had loaded most everything last night.Finished up a few things and filled my water tank. We decided to do some remote camping for awhile. There is lots of Federal Land where you can camp. We moved about 10 miles from Curt Gowdy State Park. We found a nice mountain meadow with good access at about 8100 ft. We were set up by 10:am. We have a line of trees for wind protection and some good views of mountain meadows. Maggie really likes it here as she can roam freely looking for gophers and rabbits. We took a little ride to North Crow Reservoir. Its a pretty lake with no camping allowed. .It looks like it might be good fishing.  In Wyoming any watercraft over 10 ft has to have a state decal. My kayak is 11.5 ft. I will have to find out the cost and see if its worth it. We saw one mule deer on the way to the lake. This morning as we left the state park we saw two Mule deer bucks in full velvet. We got back to the trailer just in time as we got a pretty good thunderstorm. I took a brief nap and Susan did some sewing. Yep, this primitive camping is rough. Later after the rain we were sitting outside watching a chopper circling around then possibly landing just over the next rise. I really think they were practising insertion and extraction as they did this several times. Anyway no one ever showed up at our camp.We had one more rain and then it stopped. It stayed overcast and cool. It was about 55 with a light wind. We built a nice fire and stayed out all evening.  
Dispersed Campsite

My view from my chair


Maggie loves this place 

Overflow from North Crow Reservoir

North Crow Reservoir



A nice evening fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive