About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

July 25 2015 We Just Relaxed Today

The mouse won round 1 last night. He got in the glue trap but the pad fell off the counter and he got away minus his tail. I will keep trying glue trap for a couple of nights and then move to a real trap. We were both so tired from running around the last two days we planned on staying home to day. I was up early and the morning was so nice I stayed outside.It wasn't quite as cold as it had been in the mornings only about 55. When the sun comes over the mountain ridge we have to drop the awning down low to keep the bright sun out of our eyes. Finally I decided to cook some breakfast. When I opened the propane cook top I was surprised to see a nest. A little field mouse had built a nest and had little ones. I left them alone and told Susan I would move them in a couple of days. We just microwaved some scrambled eggs and frozen sausage. We took showers and headed to Laramie. I dropped Susan off at a quilt shop and I headed out to fill my water bladder. After that we headed back home. I hooked my little pump up and filled the water tank on the trailer. We usually last 4-5 days on a tank. Susan did some sewing and I took nap and then watched a movie on tv . The cows came up and visited us for awhile. We made one short drive thru the countryside and then I built a fire for the evening. It was our first night to have very light winds and it was nice outside. We watched the sun set and called it a night.
Morning sunrise
They can get anywhere

My chore for today

Howdy folks

I don"t have to clean my fire pit grill now

Starting Happy Hour

Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive