About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 25, 2015

July 24 2015 Riding the Mountains

I usually get up early every morning. I set my alarm for 5 just in case I didn't wake up. Well my alarm didn't go off and I didn't wake up till 5:30 We needed to be in Albany at 8. We rented an Arctic wildcat for the day. We still had plenty of time but I like to leisurely drink my coffin the morning. Susan got up and was packing all our supplies for the day. She found that some little critter had been on our counter. It looks as if a mouse has gained entrance to our trailer. We will have to set a trap tonight. Anyway we left about 6:30 and got there about 7:45. It was a really cool morning so we were bundled up as we left. The Arctic Wildcat is a two seater and much smaller than our Ranger. We spent all day riding trails and roads. There were several lakes and different creeks we went by. We found lots of dispersed camping and a few usfs campgrounds. We only saw one mule deer for wildlife. We really had a good day but were tired when we got back. As you can see in some of the pictures the pine beetles have hit this area pretty hard. On the way home I stopped and picked up a couple of glue traps for mice. Hope to catch him tonight.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive