About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11 2016 A Drive Thru the Mountains and Lots of Wind

It was cold this morning 43 degrees and windy. We had a clear sky but it only warmed up to 68 for a high. We decided to take a drive thru the mountains. We drove to Fox Park and then over the mountain to Albany. It was a pretty drive over 31 miles of gravel road. It is one of the better gravel roads we have been on. When we got to Rob Roy Lake I got out. Up till then I didn't realize how much the wind was blowing, I could barely stand up. We didn't linger and headed on. We stopped in Laramie and had a late lunch. There were warning signs on I-80 stating that you shouldn't drive to Cheyenne pulling a light trailer, wind steady at 50 mph with higher gusts. When we got back to camp our canopy was destroyed. My anchors held and the canvas didn't tear but the frame broke and bent. I salvaged the canvas , gonna miss that canopy. The wind continued to blow all evening so we stayed in the trailer.
A cold morning

A pretty drive
This would be beautiful except for the dead buggy timber

Big Laramie River at Woods Landing

Rob Roy Lake

Dead Canopy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive