About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, July 25, 2016

July 24 Travel Day to Blue Mesa Reservoir




I got up at 6. It was pretty chilly outside. I took Maggie for a walk and then drank my Coffee. Susan was up aand we both started getting ready to leave. A little before 8 I backed my truck up to hook up. My right front tire dropped off the gravel and that was that. My back tires would just spin in the gravel. I walked down a got help from a man who had a truck. It took just a few seconds to pull me out. I then backed in at a different angle and hooked up. We drove to Craig and stopped and ate breakfast. It was a busy cafĂ© and we were there much longer than I wanted to be. We headed on toward Grand Junction. It was a pretty drive and the country varied.  In Grand Junction we filled up with fuel and headed on to Blue Mesa, Its between Montrose and Gunnison but closer to Gunnison. The campground is nice and we have electric hookup for the first time in over a month. We ran thru some hot weather (101) getting here but the temp was 83 when we set up. I think this week is supposed to be in the low 50”s and then around 80 for a high.  Should be a nice week. We have cell service for phone and can get some internet. Not strong enough to run my laptop, therefore my blogs will nit be everyday. Not sure how far we have to go to get good internet service.


our view from camp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive