About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 5, 2016 Headed to WYOMING

I didn't sleep well last night but still got up about 5:30. I made my coffee and just sat around. About 6:30 I started loading what I could in the truck. We have decided to move on down the road. Rocky Mountain National Park has some great scenic drives. There is also a lot of hiking trails, but the campgrounds just cram to many people in small sites. There are too many rules for us, even though  I know they need them with all the people. We have become spoilt to boondocking and smaller USFS campgrounds.   We got on the road about 9. It is a really pretty drive down the mountain to Loveland. When we got to Cheyenne we stopped and had brunch. We got to BLM land about 1:00.  Our favorite spot we had last year was open and we moved right in. We are halfway between Laramie and Cheyenne at about 8100 ft. We love this area, there were four spots I wanted and just lucky our first choice was open. We drove around later and only one other of my choices could we have taken. The temperature was about 75 degrees and 20% humidity, not too bad. We got a few sprinkles as we watched a large storm move just north of us.  I cooked pork chops for supper and Susan sewed most of the evening as I caught up on my blogs. We have good cell service here so I can use the internet. We plan on staying here till the  17 th.



Everyone taking a nap but me. Maggie is stretched out and Susan is in the bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive