About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

July 29 A Mouse, Delta,Co and a Nice Drive



So I usually go to bed and read before Susan comes to bed. I was laying there reading last night when Susan went to screaming, I jumped up and hurried down wondering what in the world had happened. Well it seems that we had picked up a mouse here. Last year we got a couple when we were in Wyoming. I don’t know how they get in but they do. I set a mouse trap and went to bed. When I got up this morning the trap was gone. I found it under the couch but no mouse. He managed to get free. I will set it again tonight. If he gets loose again I will get a better trap tomorrow.  We decided to take a day trip today. We went to Montrose and ate breakfast. It was a little place and it had good food. Then we headed on to Delta. Susan found a quilt shop to go to. I wandered around town and then found a nice little tavern to pass the time. We left Delta and drove back on a little road which goes by the North Rim of  the Black Canyon of Gunnison. It is a spectacular drive. Pictures just can”t capture it. There is at least 17 miles of road that  kept both of my hands on the wheel.  Rarely did I ever get over 30 mph.  There are not many pull outs where you can get good pictures. Of the six cars we saw, 4 were from Texas.  We finally got back home and just relaxed the rest of the day.
Breakfast stop

Mural in Delta Colorado



Huge fabric shop

Better shopping here

It was a great drive

Pictures just don"t do it


Movie Theatre

Need a car

How about a truck
Gunnison River heading into the Black Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive