About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 2, 2016

June 29 , 2016 A Cracked Mirror Today

A nice morning

Eleven Mile Canyon----South Platte River


A Cracked Mirror


I got up early this morning. It was about 50 degrees with a very light wind. I had beans soaking over night and I put them on the cookstove. It warmed up as the sun rose up and we sat outside for a good while. Maggie likes boondocking as she can roam around. She wandered out of sight and we couldn’t find her for about 15 minutes. She wasn’t far but she will not come when called, very hard headed at times. She has been trailing ground squirrels and trying to find them under the rocks. We decided to go to Woodland Park as Susan wanted a certain type of essential oils for her allergies. I dropped her off and then found a place to park and caught up on my blogs. I picked her up and we head back, we stopped at a little place in Florissant and had breakfast. Then we decided to check out Eleven Mile Canyon Rec Area. It was a pretty drive along the South Platte river. It’s a narrow road in places. Our  drivers side mirror  cracked when another truck passed and our mirrors hit. The other drivers mirror completely tore off while mine folded in. Maybe next time he will slow down in tight places.  There was one campground we could fit in but the sites were not along the river but on the other side of the road. On the way back we stopped and filled our water bladder at a water station. It cost me $1.25 to get 60 gallons. When we got back I filled our tank and still have some left over. We had a really nice evening by fire. Evening showers missed us.      


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive