About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

July 15,16 Laundry Day Again and Restocking

It was about 53 Friday morning. There was not much wind but it was cloudy. We had decided to do laundry today instead of Saturday. We leave on Sunday and we haven"t washed since we were at Buena Vista. It took 5 washers and 4 dryers but we got it done. I went and washed my truck, stopped at Subway and then picked up a few things at a grocery store. It never really warmed up too much as it stayed cloudy and very windy. The wind blew 20-25 mph all day and the high was only 69. Its sure tough to cook outside with those conditions. Susan sewed most of the day and I watched  movies.

Saturday morning was nice and cool about 54. There was no wind blowing. I built a nice fire and we sat outside for  quite awhile. When the wind started picking up and swirling we went back inside. We both took our showers nd headed into Laramie. I needed to fill our gas tanks for the generator and fill up the truck also. I wanted to refill propane but the propane places were closed. We went to Walmart and stocked up for the next week. Then we stopped at a yogurt place and had a little treat After getting back Susan did some sewing and I took a nap. After that I started loading the truck as we travel to Dumont Lake near Steamboat Springs tomorrow..  It should be only about a 3 hour drive. The wind was blowing again in the evening but I built a little fire and we sat out for awhile. I hope we have cell service at Dumont Lake, it sure is nice not to have to go somewhere to check messages and do my internet stuff.
Laundry Day

A Morning Fire

Maggie is trailing prairie dogs

Maggie is snuggled in for the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive