About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18, 2016 A Rainy and a Sunny Day

It was about 54 when I got up this morning. We had a slight breeze but not too bad. Maggie and I took a walk around the campground, there was no one stirring early. We built a fire when Susan got up and sat outside until it became overcast. I managed to get breakfast cooked before it started drizzling. We took showers and headed into Steamboat Springs. It is a gorgeous drive there. They are working on the roads so it took a little longer than usual. We filled two propane tanks and our water  bladder. It had rained all the way in town and was still misting pretty good. We headed back home.It was still misting and 50 degrees in camp. I turned the furnace on and took the chill out of the trailer. Susan did some sewing and I took a nice nap. Around 4 the sun came back out and it turned into a nice evening. We built a nice little fire and enjoyed. We had a couple from Holland stop and visit with us. Interesting folks. Mosquitos were out in full force. I cooked supper and we went in for the night. Susan has to watch the republican convention. 
Sausage,squash,potatos &corn for supper

A morning fire

Misty and cold

Nice and Sunny

Maggie is watching a chipmonk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive