About Me

My photo
Susan retired from education in May 2011 and I retired in December 2011 . We are not full timers but do travel a lot. We enjoy traveling around the country. There are many beautiful places in the USA and we are going to try and see all of them while we can.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 13 2016 Time for a Brake Job

I woke up about 5 this morning. It wasn't to cold outside about 54 degrees. I still put the furnace on and warmed the trailer up to about 65. Susan crept out of bed about 6:45 which is early for her. Her allergies have returned and her back is still hurting.  I decided that I need to go and have my brakes checked. I was hearing a little metal on metal on my left front wheel. I was hoping to catch it before the rotor was damaged. I went to Plains Tire in Laramie. They have been in that building since 1936. They started as a Sinclair station. They have pictures in the wall of the place every ten years so you can see the changes. They are no longer a gas station just tires and small mechanic work. I was there at 7:30, the manager said his brake guy would be there at 8. I asked where there was a café for breakfast that was close. He recommended the Prairie Rose Café. I walked down there and found it. Its a local place, so don"t be in a hurry. There food was good.  I got the smallest on the menu which was aa green chili bacon burrito. It was all I could do to eat it. After that I waddled back to the brake place. My right side brake were in good shape but my left side had issues .The outside pad was paper thin but the inside pad had some wear left. The tech said he thought the caliper was still good but gummed up and the little slide valves weren't working. He cleaned it up and put new rotors and pads. My brake fluid looked good. Anyway they seemed to be fine now. I will get Kyle to check them out when I get home to make sure the left side is wearing properly. I headed back to the trailer and got there about 11:30. Susan was doing some sewing bit she felt terrible. We didn"t do anything but hang around the rest of the day. The weather was great with a high of about 75 and the humidity 10%.  Its been dry for several days and I expect a fire ban to be put in place here pretty soon.  Colorado has about 3 wildfires going right now with one of them crossing into Wyoming.
A local cafe

Yea, it was good

Lots of murals on the buildings in downtown Laramie

Saint Matthews Episcopal Church 

Laramie is a major railway hub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive